Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No Party but...

I guess I probably wont have a party. That is fine. Jerry is on day 6 of no smoking!!! He said he wasn't sure he could handle the socialization right now anyway. He also mentioned that Rick had asked what we were doing on New Years...If we were supposed to go to your house Rick I'm sorry...I didn't know. ... ... :) Jerry forgets to tell me stuff like that sometimes. Any way.......I am so proud of Jerry. He went 7 years with out smoking before taking it back up again a couple of years ago. It's a hard thing for him to quit. I don't exactly under stand the addiction since I just do it sometimes and I don't think much about it. He literally "needs" to do it and I think that sucks so I am glad that he is trying to get that weight off of him. There is a lot of heart disease history in his family tree and I want him around to be old and crabby with me some day. SO, him quitting is one of the best Christmas presents I have gotten.

OK...A little sappy this morning but........

Hope everyone has a good new years. I have not made any resolutions yet. For a while I thought I would resolve to loose weight...I think though I will resolve to be healthy. I have good insurance now and I have made an appointment to see a "real" Doctor not a PA or nurse. So I am hoping that 2009 is the year that Jerry and I get healthy. Not sure if the exercise thing sounds good but I will think about it. I am notorious for thinking something sounds great and then I just loose interest...Like exercising. Or eating good....I always end up sitting on my ass with a McDonalds Hamburger in hand :)

Well Off to hit Sams club and get tires for the Volvo and maybe some other good deals.

Later ~

6 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Tell him congrats on quitting! It is hard to quit something- especially when you enjoy it. I am glad he is doing so good! I did tell him that, Jewels but it was before I found out we had plans. I think we can make up for it sometime soon though. We usually don't need much planning or coaxing for an excuse to get together. Exercising is a hard thing to get into the habit of doing! I put it off for years then finally did it and now I feel like I have to do it- whether I want to or not. It becomes somewhat addictive- like cigarettes.

Colleen said...

Tell him congrats for me too!!!

And I hear ya on the exercising! They SAY that once you get into it for awhile that you enjoy it... I think "they" lie!! LOL

Julie said...

I think they lie too!!!! :)

I lifted weights and walked 5 miles or more a day after Zack was born...That was the healthiest I have ever been. I didn't loose weight really...but I wore smaller pants...And I looked better. I would like to start walking again. I was made for it...I just get freaked out by all the noise around my house. I loved walking on the base in washington...No one around. :)

Nicole said...

Thats great for Jerry!!

Exercising is NOT my fav activity but I definitely feel better when I do it!!

Rick Jordan said...

I hate exercising but I do it anyway. You are right, Nicole- I do feel better when I do it.

Artistically Twisted said...

I sometimes think that quitting heroin would be easier.

But..... still smoke free... over a month.

And every day fucking sucks. :D

it is getting easier... but any one that has known me for more than 10 mins can tell you that I truly LOVE to smoke.

I am not talking a little bit....
No... I am talking if it wasn't bad for you I would be chain smoking every waking moment of my life.
Lighting one Smoke off the last and Sooooometime... oh maybe lighting that next one a little early so I can double fist is just for a bit.

Hey... I know that it is wrong... but the day the invent the excangable body... I am getting a couple cartons and a fuckin' blow torch.

I like smoking.



.... but I haven't had a cigarette in thirty five days three hours and forty two minutes.