Friday, December 19, 2008

The Best Gift You Ever Got

Not to be confused with your favorite Christmas because I think those are two different things.....





I was just thinking back on what had to be my favorite Christmas present. See this year Santa is getting Zack a Nice Dean Electric guitar in cobalt blue his favorite color...It reminded me of my favorite Christmas present. A bubble gum pink Bentley Series 10 guitar I got when I was 14. I slept with that thing. My parents didn't have the internet to go online and look for close out prices on guitars...So this guitar was pretty inexpensive...Relatively speaking...I still think it cost them over 150 dollars...Pretty steep to take a chance on...I am so glad they did. I have had my faults with them from time to time...and I have always had a hard time sharing my music with them...but if they didn't believe in me I would be missing out on a very big part of my life. I am so glad that I have typed this out...I see how much of a gift it really was for them to give...(ok now I have tears in my eyes...I swear I am so hormonal this Christmas LOL....) The cool thing is that I get to share that gift with other people now...You know the second best gift was an acoustic guitar...I still have that one..it cost more than my car did at the time...An Applause by Ovation...I named it Tiger Lily and Jerry keeps it safe. I traded it with him and he bought me the beautiful purple Ibanez I have now. Geesh I feel pretty spoiled...I think I'll do the "spoiled rotten" dance around the house today and sing some old 80's ballads LOL....

Merry Christmas....

One word

Tomorrow!!!!!

It's on! Party Time...and we have the awesomest gifts that we could come up with for under 5 bucks....

No comments: