Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ARGGGG

The Holidays........

I LOVE THEM...I have my tree up...I have presents wrapped.....I listen to Christmas Carols....It's going good.....

Then.....BRICK WALL....A member of My family calls me up and gives me hell for not calling my mother enough. I get read the riot act until I'm turning purple and tears are running down my cheeks....Merry Christmas...After a couple days I have cooled down...And I am doing things just the same way I had planned...AND if not calling enough is all they have to bitch about when it comes to me then HEY...whatever right. It always has to be something......I try not to let anyone ruin my Christmas Spirit. They have come close in the past...Whoa have they ever...Using my kids toys for ashtrays while we were asleep and they were up drinking...That one just about did me in...BUT now they are all in another state and I can do things the way I want to...I'm happy for that. Maybe that makes me a bad person...but I don't think it does...Christmas is for My Son and for the other kids in my family. It's going to be a little magical this year...Because this year of all years we all need it that way. So...Thank you for listening to my rant...AND Bless you and your family I hope that you get to have the Christmas that you want to have. I know I always set my sights too high...Like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation and I end up with a Randy Quaid in a RV parked in the driveway dumping sewage into the storm drain...LOL...BUT hell that stuff is part of it too!

On another note...Our car died last night...We tried to go on a recon...mission to jump the battery and get it home...We jumped in our uninspected, uninsured, unregisted truck with the bad brakes and drove to the Old gas station across from Irving where the car died and tried to jump it under cover of the night...So you know a cop had to show up and ask if we were OK...I just smiled and said we'll get a tow truck if we can't get it jumped and he was all nice and said oh just leave it there if you can't it's fine tonight...I was trying not to piss my pants since I probably could have gotten 3 or more defect tickets on that truck if he wanted to be a prick... :) SO MERRY CHRISTMAS...and we did get the car home...It was hard work...Guess the alternator belt broke so the batter wouldn't hold a charge...Go figure...200,000 miles on a car...It should run like new right LOL...

Well I am off to have some coffee and all that...

2 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Now THAT is a blog! Christmas talk and Mom talk and cars breaking down! Cops, unregistered vehicles, fly by night references! This blog had it ALL! I can't wait for the Christmas party on Dec 20 when we can all have fun, get rowdy and drunk and give dirty presents! I LOVE the 'game camera' game! We can also make some movies while we get shitty! Merry Christmas to you, too! And don't let other people bother you- you are a great Mom and daughter! Not like you bought them plane tickets and moved them down there yourself!

Julie said...

Thanks Man!!!! I'm done venting too I promise that this will be the only shitty blog I have this month :)