Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting Stuff Done

Things have been kind of on the boring side around here blog wise. It's hard to expect people to be excited over "my" new floor and the shelves we are building...or the baseboards I now have. Jerry has been building or working on something everyday around here. Who knows maybe after 4 years of remodeling there might be an end in sight. I really need to go dig up some pictures of my house before we started to tear it apart. It was Awful.

Over all I am glad that we tore out all the walls and made it one big open room instead of 5 small rooms. Glad that the ceiling came down and insulation went in the walls. It was COLD here the first few years. The only thing that sucks is that once you start there are so many messed up things to take care of and next thing you know you spent tons of money on stuff you never planned to. Like rewiring the whole house...or having to put a support beam through the middle of your house because nothing was holding the upstairs there but the plastered ceiling. Lets not forget the widows that fell out when Jerry leaned on them....and my fav the pipes in the creepy old basement bursting at 3 in the morning when I was here by myself, because no one soldered them together. Yeap yeap yeap...fun stuff.

It's looking good now and just in time for my sister to move in ... It is going to be in a couple of weeks. I am hoping to have some help with that one. We will see. She is putting most of her stuff into a storage unit so there is that.

Well I am off to watch some riveting TV. Jerry will be home in an half and hour. He said he might get his computer running either tonight or tomorrow so we can all expect a blog soon. He is in the dog house for going over his Text Message plan. He is worse than a teenage girl I swear. I had 250 and I only used 115. He had 500 and he ran through those and then some. I had to change his plan so now he will have 1500 but not until the 20th so once it's the 20th you all can text away to him again. :)

JP~

2 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

You know I will help with the move! Just let me know when you are planning to do it! Sounds like your house is coming along great!

Julie said...

My house is looking awesome that is why once my sister is moved in we are having a PARTY! Whoo Hoo...Maybe around my Birthday. Mindy has to move in the first weekend of October I think ?? I will check with her. She has just a few heavy pieces but the rest I think are boxes.