Friday, February 15, 2008

At Home And Feeling Good

Jerry and I had the day together. I am sure he didn't expect it to be one of grocery shopping and cleaning the house. :) He's a good guy though and loaded the dishwasher and cleaned out the fridge (which is a scary job around here) I ended up getting a call from my Uncle and Florida that lasted over an hour so he had to put up with that. Now the day is mostly done and I feel I owe him so romance later on :)

It's been a rough couple of weeks. I have been working on my house to get it ready for when the family gets here. It is coming along. We procrastinate a lot here so things don't always get done when they should. You know like waiting a year before checking out the lines that run to my dishwasher because it didn't work. Turns out turning the water on makes it work?? Who knew. If you have ever been in my basement you would understand why I don't go there unless I have to .... CREEPY!

So on top of stress about my family coming up I find out that My sister and her husband are splitting up. She doesn't want it and I have been heart broken for her. I worry a lot about her and her girls. Part of me is angry with him for doing this, and part of me is sad because I loved him very much and am disappointed that this is what he chose to do. Anyway, that is where I have been.

Valentines day was nice for me. I got a beautiful homemade valentine from Zack and some poetry and drawings from Jerry .... along with some chocolate. After this many years I don't need jewelery I would never wear or 5 pounds of chocolate that I would eat and then feel bad about. Just like to know I am special, but I want that everyday .... who doesn't right?

Well, I am off to finally take a shower and figure out what to make us for lunch. Later all~

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow... I don't even know what to say about your sister... that is so sad :(

Julie said...

It is sad, I haven't said much about it because he hasn't wanted to actually say the words until this week. It really sucks...sigh....So I will probably have my sister over to do more stuff and keep people around her so she doesn't feel too funky.

Rick Jordan said...

That really sucks about Mindy! That is really sad! I feel bad for her girls and her! I don't know any of the particulars so I won't speculate but that is too bad! Going to do all I can to get the old van going for Monday! Wish me luck!