Sunday, August 3, 2008

Something A Little Trivial like Shindlers List

Or Dr. Kavorkian.......

Yesterday started at 7:30...Up..showered...Scrambling around like idiots...Then on a bus to the Hartt company picnic. I learned a lot at the picnic...like....when they say unlimited cotton candy...Damn....Zack ate 9! I also learned that Jerry heckles through bingo! He's a talker...the poor 14 year old girl reading off the numbers looks very concerned! BUT we won a lamp....WhooHoo??? Well winning is winning right LOL...

So after driving for two hours to get back home...MOST families would call it a night...maybe get some rest...Not us...OH NO! We thought...Hey lets party!

Over to Rick and Colleens where we played one of the coolest games....Apples and something or other I forget the whole name...It doesn't matter...You pick what fits best.... All I know is Creamed Corn did always confuse me and now I know I am not alone...Thanks for the great time guys! Sorry we didn't leave until this morning LOL

TODAY...We are going to see a movie. Our goal this vacation is to do something fun every day. I am pretty excited. We have a good list going....Including seeing movies, going to the ocean, mini golf, bowling, etc.... I am still trying to decide what I want to do on Friday...It's our anniversary and my sister is taking Zack for the night.

The anniversary thing is cool and freaky. Jerry and I started seeing each other when I was 16. That means lucky ol' Jer...has spent 18 wonderful years with me :) and has been married to me for 16...When you have been married as long...as the age you were when you met...that all starts to make you feel old as hell...And each year it will just get worse LOL... Anyway through all the ups and downs and moving around...fights and make-ups...I'm glad we have stuck together..no one makes me laugh like him... :)

Well...Off to find some coffee..Everyone else is asleep...But some stupid bird was chirping outside my window...BIRD...I HATE YOU!

Later~

8 comments:

Artistically Twisted said...

I never even heard the bird.... but that really isn't that surprising... I mean you could substitute any noun into that sentence and it would prbably still be just as truthful......

"I never even heard that trainwreck..."
"I never even heard them wrestling greased pigs..."
"I never even heard the end of the world..."

Ya see what I am sayin'?

Artistically Twisted said...

I have to admit there was a little more than noun substitution in there.... but you get my point.

Rick Jordan said...

"I never heard Salvation Army show me deep while discussing how frivolous the holocaust was!" Happy Anniversary, guys! I will toast to many, many more! Sounds like you guys have a fun week planned! Have fun and RELAX! You will be back at Hartt before Salvation Army can show you deep! I am glad you guys took the heavy duty route and came over here to party! I had a blast!

Ingrid said...

They have UNLIMITED COTTON CANDY at Hartt's company picnic?! We only get burned turkey dogs and some old hag nurse keeps count on what you've had. I'm in the wrong field, evidently.

Happy anniversary!

Nicole said...

WTF!!!!!!!! I missed the opportunity for unlimited cotton candy, I FUCKING love that stuff!!!! Maybe the next guy needs to be an employee at Hartt!!! Although I gotta say that no one that I have heard about would make the cut!! Someone better get me in on that action next year!!!! I swear heads will roll if I don't get to enjoy unlimited cotton candy, I will eat Zack under the table!!!!


Happy Anniversary!!

Artistically Twisted said...

Oooooooooh the cotton candy flowth freely as do the snow cones... if there had been an old hag nurse keeping count I do believe she would have been bound and gagged d then used to make the largest stick of cotton candy ever served. then she would have been thrown to the children already hyped up and in the bounce house so the could consume the candy straight from her frail and twisted figure....

Now I know that Rick was wishing he could have gone!

Julie said...

The cotton candy did make it less lame. The food was decent, and the bingo brought us the spoils of a new lamp LOL....It wasn't that bad of a bus ride either. We'll pick you up in the way next year Nicole!

Rick Jordan said...

I've had that old hag- overrated and frivolous come to mind! And smells some what earthy!