Saturday, May 2, 2009

Maytastic

I love May. It's my favorite month aside from October. The bugs aren't bad yet. My flowers are coming up. It's cool enough to work outside without over heating. We've gotten a lot done on our house. I don't think I will get it all done before my Grandmother gets here on the 29th but I will get as much as possible done.

I tried my hand at grouting. It's hard to do but not that bad. It came out nice. I still need way more grout to finish up my kitchen, and I went with a more calming shade of green since the teal color was a bit "BRIGHT" Zack picked it out and it turns out he really wanted that color for his room to go with the florescent green trim he has... The kitchen is now a money green and its purdy....

So...Gonna have a long weekend away next week. Nothing says mother's day like driving down and staying in a 3 star hotel then going to see Dane Cook... I'm way excited about it. I didn't get the 69.00 dollar room that was available last week but I did get a nice King Size room for 99 bucks. Loves the Priceline. Wish I had gotten paid last week though. Oh well it's only 30 bucks and to have a king size bed is going to be nice...

Let's see lots going on this month. DON'T FORGET the 80's PROM. I have at least 30 people coming. I am going nuts. I am so excited. I have been sewing up a storm fixing up suits and dress and even a kilt! WooHoo... I haven't done this much quality sewing since Home Ec Class in High School. I've really out done myself this time I think and if I can get the balloon arches and columns to come out like I practiced then it's going to be prettier than my Real prom was...If not it's still going to be a hell of a good time.

I'll leave you with this...."Ratt is an awesome band" :)~

5 comments:

Colleen said...

YAY you blogged!!

I am SO excited about Dane and the hotel and all of us hanging out with no kids even within 100 miles of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristie said...

You can count tim and i in on the 80's party! tim finally gave in and said he would go! :)

Julie said...

AWESOME! I am glad you guys are coming. It's going to be so much fun.

Artistically Twisted said...

Awesome! I agree Kristie... I am glad you guys will be there!

Artistically Twisted said...

Can't wait for our Dane weekend!